Are you new to WordPress or just getting started? If so, you should learn how to use WordPress and understand its basic functions before diving into your theme. We've created and gathered the best tutorials to help beginners get online quickly. PLEASE read through these tutorials before you proceed with more advanced usage and theme customization.
Newbies and Beginners
- Buying a Domain Name
- Get Web Hosting
- Choosing a WordPress Theme by Gabfire
- How to Use the Support Forum
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Login to WP Dashboard
- How to Upload and Activate Your Theme
- How to Add/Write New Post - Fields Explained
- How to Create / Use Categories
- How to Create / Use Custom Menus
- How to Delete An Image From A Post Or Page
- How to Paginate a Post
- How to Use Links in WordPress
- How to Add an External RSS Feed Widget
- How to Find Category ID or Page ID
- How to Create Gravatar for your User Profile
Start Here - READ THIS FIRST!
Image / Thumbnail Handling
Please review this documentation prior to asking image related questions.
Video / Gallery
Please review this documentation prior to asking video or gallery related questions.
- Understanding Multimedia and Media-Related Terminology
- How to Setup Category Templates
- How to Use a Page Template
- How and Where to Include Google Analytics Tracking Code
Advertisements (Manage Ads)
- How to Insert Ads
- How to Use Category Based Ads
- Basic HTML Structure of Text or Image Link or Flash SWF Advertisement
- Author Photo and Bio below entries
- Add Share Links
- Innerpage slider based on category
- Adding subtitle below post title
- Language Translations and .po .mo Files
- Editing Post Meta
- How to Enable Thumb Images to be Clickable Permalinks
- How to Create child themes
ADVANCED TUTORIALS / RESOURCES
Below are tutorials and tools worth reviewing if you are comfortable making your own customizations.
RECOMMENDED PLUGINS & SOLUTIONS
WordPress Hosting / Domains
WordPress Premium Plugins
- BackupBuddy - An easy site backup and migration solution.
- Gravity Forms - The most robust forms plugins available.
- OIO Publisher - Control your ad space with the OIOpublisher ad manager.
WordPress Free Plugins
- nRelate - a Related Posts plugin that's great for newspaper / magazine sites.
- Akismet - Stop spam!
- W3 Total Cache - Speed up your site!
- WordPress SEO - Optimize for search engines.
LINKS TO BOOKMARK
You will want to bookmark the following useful links for quick access.
- Gabfire Themes
- Gabfire Themes Codex
- Gabfire Themes Support Forums
- WordPress Support Forums
- WordPress Codex
To stay updated on all the latest themes, updates / releases, and Gabfire news: